I have taken some notes and here is what was being taught to me through this film:
- If they decide to be a man than they should be treated a man. This quote all shows the scenario of what is expected to happen in the film.
- The toys of WWE- they have action figures for little boys that shows that WWE is showing a strong and tough man figure in a child's life as kids own the figures and look up to them.
- "Is it real or fake" they sated that its all FAKE and their just putting on a show. I think that its crazy to know that their creating a violent atmosphere for viewers and young men.
- They had described WWE to be like a soap opera for guys.
- Its a conversion of masculinity, and resembles a bullying behavior.
- Resembles in school how boys bully and get intimidated. Also how real men show being bullied/s.
- It was a fact that a child is bullied every 7 minutes on the playground. Those facts were hard to believe as a viewer but it happens and its hard to prevent.
- It shows women getting implants to look better and it compares them with looking good on the WWE show as they are "fighting".
- Men killing domestic partners which then leads to media news.
- The violence is between both men and women.
- Another fact was brought up in the film it stated " a woman is raped every 90 seconds in the U.S." Also "a woman is battered every 15 seconds.
- The audiences reactions is the most important part to the WWE wrestlers.
- There was a lot of trash talking also in the film and it was said that " woman deserved it because shes a slut" and its only for entertainment.
- The viewers just laugh and look at the images of people like women being abused too.
This movie relates to "What Little Boys are Made of" it shows the characteristics of young boys being involved in bullying and violence. They are in violence already and the wrestling just provokes it for the boys as they are inspired by it then they start acting tough and they ruin their image of being a nice guy. The wrestling show is just shows the kids how to be more violent. In the film it was stated that its like a mans cartoon just like women have their soap operas, wrestling is like their cartoon and even though its a fake fighting act they make it seem real, which is the weird part. So do they really get hurt, do the injuries happen accidently, is a question to ask? This film also relates to Cinderella Ate my Daughter, that story had pinks involved and how it is to be a girl well its the opposite for boys. Wrestling and violence is the opposite of the short read. The films shows the resemblance of how boys are into violence and girls are into being polite and respectful. That is how I see both sides of the spectrum for this situation.