Tuesday, October 23, 2012

"Cinderella Ate My Daughter"- Orenstein

Hyperlinks/ Connections
This is a random thing now to post but I found it to be so amazing.  Check this story out.
http://www.parenting.com/blogs/true-mom-confessions/erin-zammett-ruddy/monday-night-football-saved-womans-life?src=syn&dom=aolhp&dartkw=aolhp&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmaing8%7Cdl23%7Csec1_lnk1%26pLid%3D224243

So Moving on to my original blog post "Cinderella Ate My Daughter".  I love princesses and Disney so me and this article were both alike ... on some points.  I do think that little girls look up to princesses as an inspiration in their childhood, but I also think the big portion of it is society.  I do still have my princess toys and dolls and I do love pink.  As a little girl we didn't know the rights and wrongs about the "Disney Princess Life", I think Disney has come a long way but kids just fall into their traps of becoming a "Princess".  Really though who wouldn't want to be treated like royalty, I know I would, but it's going to far when parents talk take total control of what girls and boys need to have or look up too.  It's all just a Disney mess and Society too.  I swear this class is getting to me as everything we go over in class shows up someway or somehow in my life the next day.  Here I am watching 'Dancing with the Stars' and Sabrina Bryan & Louis dance as Cinderella and the Prince.  Really this is nuts.  This is the video that was aired on tv October 23, 2012.  
Something else to mention Sophia Grace and Rosie showed up on Ellen's TV show and they LOVE pink and tiaras and tutus.  This is a good example of what kids are like now.  They go to Disneyland, sing Niki Minajs song, they wear pink and have all the princess accessories.  There too cute though but to much pink. All of theses videos relate to the article that I read as it shows how kids these days are too dramatic and overlook a little girls life by the society and Disney.
So overall, kids these days are evolving around Disney, princesses and being categorized.  The point that is questioned is do little girls understand that life is not always pink, flowers and tiaras.  Kids don't understand and think that life is perfect is they are princesses.  In the end, its not all about the prince coming to save you.  Come on lets get with reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment