Monday, October 1, 2012

"Compulsory"- Rich

This reading is harder than I thought.  Dr.Bogad and Chris you were both write.  I thought it would be easier just to type my notes out on my blog rather than printing it out and scribling all over the pages (would get me confused).  

Okay so first off I would like to describe the meaning of: 
Compulsory Heterosexuality: In Rich's article he describes heterosexuality is a society issue.  Compulsory means required by law and forced.  Heterosexuality means feelings that one feels as a person.  
As I am still so confused on this topic, I found this article to be hard as was reading it and trying to make sense of it.

Lesbian Eistance:  In Rich's article she describes it as a persons lifestyle of choice. 

This whole article was so confusing and hope that I understand it more in class. I think my description is wrong but I gave it a shot and hope to get a clearer understanding of it in class. I will try to make another posting after class on what it really means. 

http://afeministtheorydictionary.wordpress.com/2007/07/18/compulsory-heterosexuality/  This website helps clear things up. 

1 comment:

  1. I think everyone had a hard time reading this. It was dense. But I like how you try to make sense of it.

    ReplyDelete